FUNERAL AND EMBALMING TIMES
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum is free to use by all members. You can post to all of the boards and even add your company and services to the Suppliers and Services Board.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Embalming course help please

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Embalming course help please  (Read 512 times)
Shona

« on: »

Hi everyone

I have always been interested in this line of work and I now have the opportunity to go on an embalming course but before I do I have a few questions if anyone can help please.
I have no experience of working within a funeral home although I have seen quite a few loved ones that have passed. The deceased body does not frighten me nor does death and I am a very caring person who wants to take care of the deceased with respect and present them as peacefully and as naturally as possible to their loved ones.
My only concern is that I am unsure how I would react to a child as I have small children, can you switch off from it and does it get easier with children? Also reconstructive work, again I have never seen a body in need of reconstruction in real life so my first time I am a little nervous of. Are my questions cause for concern also?
I desperately want to do this and I just want to know are my mixed feelings with regards to children and the reconstruction work normal?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to get some experience of being in on an embalming but it is so difficult due to all the red tape. I know I would be fine with adults and newborns ( although I am aware not a high number of newborns are embalmed) its just an insight on how other people felt upon their first child/ reconstructive embalming.

I look forward to any responses  Wink

Thanks Shona
 Smiley
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum